Friday, February 10, 2012

In the Pursuit of Happiness

This past week has been a bit of a struggle.  Other than the Patriots losing the Super Bowl... I've started thinking that I have made the wrong decision about coming down to Texas.
Weekend Workstation

It's a drag really, coming down here with expectations of easier living... but artistically NOTHING is happening down here.  At least back in the city, I may have been struggling, but I was working on the shit I wanted to, and was developing my own thing.

Being surrounded by mediocrity is not my thing... being surrounded by the past is not my thing....
"going against the current" IS my thing.

I've never accepted everything to be written in stone, I always question... that's what we are raised to do!

Being treated like a child is not part of my life either... I had to grow up fast, and to be talked down to... even in a large group... irks me to no end.

BUT, after talking to several friends and teachers across the nation this week, I've come to a conclusion:
"Sometimes you have to do the things you don't want to do, in order to figure out what you do want to do."

I will stay here at UNT for the semester, and most likely next year... but who is to say I will finish the degree here... or even finish the degree.

I've declared that if a job opportunity comes up... I'm taking it. (but everyone is saying that)

Even typing that I realized that I have fallen victim to this mediocre mentality. I am a creator... fuck waiting on something to come up... I am going to make something happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment