Monday, May 7, 2012

You can only rebuild when you reach rock bottom

I'm more of an open book than I put on. I'm more than happy to tell people how I feel, my opinions, my backwards ass beliefs (or non beliefs) but no one strops to ask where they all came from.

Honestly, the only answer I can come up with is that we are the summation of our life choices.  The paths I have taken, the people I have met (the people I have lost for that matter) have all shaped what I am today.  If someone has an issue with it, then that isn't my problem...

When someone try's to change who you are, they are asking you to completely forget about everything in your past.  Start from scratch.  Some people like that... but I am not a self loathing piece of shit and am quite proud of where I come from.

Than being said, what do you do when you meet someone with the exact same mentality, thinks they are stronger willed than you, and potentially signs your fate for the rest of your life?


One of you is going to have to swallow your pride if you want it to work, or one of you is going to have to walk away.  When neither of you have nothing to lose... it makes the situation a little tougher.
Regardless, that is the beauty of life, you already know the answers... but sometimes you wish they weren't right.

"If the tale that were unfolding were not so monstrous, aspects of it would break the heart"
~Jean Stafford~


Have you ever wondered why so many people drink... particularly artist?
Next time you are in a bar, go to the bathroom and read the stalls... it's the last safe place for the belligerence that is the human emotion.

You'll see stuff like "MIKE WAS HERE"
Translates to... I want someone to remember me

Or random band names "METALLICA" or "KoRn"
Translates to... These bands were there when nothing else was, they can be there for you too

Or the inevitable deep thought like "Don't live life for retirement"
translates to... well.. Don't live life for retirement

Alcohol, drugs whatever your poison... it releases that evaluative part of your brain and allows you to just exist.  I am not saying that everyone should do any substances... but I am saying that people need to stop giving a damn and just be.

At the end of the day... instead of worrying about the people you were trying to impress... you have to ask if you are happy with where YOU are.

No comments:

Post a Comment